Monday, February 16, 2009

Senegal Nights

This past week I was busy making money for our needs on this side of the ocean (our support is too low to receive our full salary). It was kind of fun to relive the days when I did residential wiring. Two days I worked with a guy in our church that has a security systems business. Like old times, I swung from joist to joist dragging my ladder with my feet. I also cut quite a bit of firewood. That was also fun, but I certainly could tell that it has been awhile since I did those things on a regular basis. That is what we call the “poor man’s gym”. ( -;

A bright spot was that we got to meet a family headed to Gambia as missionaries with ABWE. This mission and their work in Gambia are a part of the Wolof partnership for the Senegambian region of West Africa. We hope to see this new family and perhaps host them as they come north to join us each year for those meetings. They are raising their support as well and hope to leave soon for their first term. I’m hoping that we can get together more on this side of the ocean for prayer and mutual encouragement. Maybe I can help them with their Wolof before they go.

Esther and I have been talking about having Senegal Nights here at our house. These are evenings where we would host people who would like to know more about what we hope to do in Dakar. We could eat supper Senegalese style and enjoy fellowship while talking about ministry to the university students in Dakar. If you are interested in being a part of one of these and are going to be in the Clayton area, please get in touch with us, we’d love to have you. Maybe you would like to host one and let us come and speak with your neighbors and friends. Get in touch with us and we’ll be glad to travel to you and have a Senegal Night at your house. You can call us (706) 490 3176 or (706) 782 1899 for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment